On Instagram, you can easily check if a user is online or even when was the last time they visited the app. We tell you how
Instagram, just like WhatsApp or Messenger, lets you see which users are online. In other words, it lets you see which users are browsing the platform and viewing photos, stories, reels, or chatting using direct messages. Do you want to know if someone is online on Instagram? We show you how in this step-by-step guide.
How to know if someone is online on Instagram
Seeing if someone is online on Instagram is extremely simple. However, we must consider several factors that may prevent us from seeing if a person is online.
First, this indicator is not available for all users. We will only be able to see if a user is online if we have previously spoken to this person by direct messages.
Second, the user can disable its connection status from the system settings. Similarly, if you also disable this feature, you will not see the online status of other users.
But, let us take it one step at a time. If this option is disabled, follow the steps below.
- Log in to Instagram and tap on your profile icon
- Tap on the three lines at the top of the screen.
- Tap on Settings or Configuration.
- Then, go to the Privacy section
- On the Activity Status, enable the option that says Show activity status.
Now, to find out if someone is active on Instagram, follow the steps below.
- Open Instagram and log in with your account.
- Go into direct messages and search for the user you want to see the last connection to. Remember that you must have previously exchanged messages with this person.
- If the user has the activity status enabled, a green dot will appear next to their profile picture. This means that the user is online. If you can not see this dot, then the user is offline or has the activity status option disabled.
How to see the last connection of someone on Instagram
When a user is not online on Instagram but their Activity Status option is enabled, it is possible to view their last login time. That is, the last time the user opened the app.
- Log in to Instagram and tap on direct messages
- Search for the person you want to see their last connection.
- At the bottom of their name, you will see the message: Active Today and last connection time.